TEMPORARY STUDENT ID PROCESS DURING COVID-19
(Effective 5/04/2020 until students are permitted back on campus)
Policy for Issuing ID Cards
Effective January 29, 2018
- For security reasons, only students that are currently enrolled may have an ID issued.Students who have just enrolled must present a copy of their schedule to prove they are currently enrolled.They will also need to know their student ID number, student email address, and bring their driver’s license (or some form of picture ID) to obtain a student ID.Students may not have an ID issued before they enroll.
- Student ID’s are good for two years. Should a student lose, misplace, or forget their ID, a replacement fee of $5.00 will apply.However, there is no charge to get a new card when the two-year period has expired or if there is an official name change.
- Student ID’s will now include a signature.This will assist students who need two forms of signed ID for the testing center.
- Tutors and Diplomats may obtain official ID’s with advance notification from their supervisors.
- Students needing clinical badges will need confirmation from their instructor as to the type of badge they need.This can be accomplished by the instructor sending the correct student database listing to DLIST_BOOKSTORE.This ensures all members of the bookstore staff receive the list.Clinical badges will not be issued without this confirmation from the instructors.
- Instructors may approve a replacement badge in writing for lost or misplaced clinical badges and the replacement fee of $5.00 will apply.It is strongly encouraged students understand the implications of misplacing clinical badges, especially regarding access to outside clinical facilities.MECC is not responsible for misuse of clinical badges in external facilities.
Governor’s School Badges:
- Instructors must supply a list of students to DLIST_BOOKSTORE in advance so that bookstore staff can prep the ID’s to reduce wait time.
- Reminder: MECC Bookstore will be closed during the last week of June for Inventory so badges will not be issued during that time.Please plan accordingly, especially since Wampler Library will no longer be issuing badges (see note below).
- New employees should have a form from Human Resources to have an ID issued.If a new employee does not have this form, employment will be verified through the HR office prior to issuing a Faculty/Staff ID.
- Dalton-Cantrell Cards (DC) are printed only; therefore no corrections may be made in the bookstore system.If a correction needs to be made, please contact the HR office.Should a reprint be needed for a lost or broken ID badge, please contact the HR office.Prior notification should be sent to DLIST_BOOKSTORE when an employee needs a DC badge made.Cards must be obtained through the Human Resources office.
The Wampler Library will no longer be issuing ID’s. If an instructor wants to send their class to have ID’s made after MECC Bookstore’s normal operating hours (8-4:30 M-F), they must contact the bookstore at DLIST_BOOKSTORE to make arrangements. Arrangements should be made in as much advance notice as possible, but no less than 5 business days so that the bookstore can schedule accordingly.
Reminder: MECC Bookstore has extended hours (8-6 M-TH) during the first two weeks of classes.